Deadline Date: Applications must be received by Thursday August 23rd by 5pm
Position: Senior Landscape Architect/ Landscape Architect
Reports to: Associate Landscape Designer
Status: Full time.
Office: Office based in Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, CM22 7EE
Aralia is an established, progressive and award-winning landscape design practice based in Hertfordshire. We are a small, collaborative team of designers who work on high end luxury residential and commercial projects, ranging from large country estates to luxury penthouse roof gardens, mostly in London and the South East. We frequently work on projects with generous budgets that allow us significant creative freedom to push the boundaries of Landscape Design.
We often work in multi-disciplinary teams alongside architects, structural engineers, suppliers and other industry professionals.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Landscape Architect/Designer who will play an instrumental role in taking the company forward into its next phase of development. Working alongside our Associate Landscape Designer and Managing Director, both MSGD accredited, this person will become a key part of the management and design team.
We are looking for an experienced designer who is confident in working to deadlines and at consistently high standards and who is happy to work autonomously as well as collaborating with other designers. This is a client facing role, so confident and diplomatic communication skills are essential. This is an opportunity to be a big fish in a relatively small, niche company, and would perhaps suit someone currently in a larger organization looking for an opportunity to have a big impact.
- Strong landscape design skills from initial concepts through all design stages to full construction detailing
- Diploma/Degree in Landscape Design or Landscape Architecture is required.
- Highly CAD competent in 2D Vectorworks preferred, but AutoCAD accepted (we will retrain on VW if necessary)
- 3D CAD skills essential (Sketch up / VW)
- Experienced in Project Management. Ability to plan, monitor, self-manage and keep projects on track, to tight deadlines and within agreed budgets
- Ability to work to design deadlines whilst still demonstrating high levels of creativity
- Client Liaison experience with residential clients essential – commercial experience advantageous
- Experience of managing/monitoring complex landscape builds highly desirable (residential or commercial)
- Some experience in costing and specifying of landscape/garden builds for both soft and hard landscape (additional training will be given)
- Previous staff management experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Business development skills desirable but not essential.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Indesign & Photoshop essential
- Full clean UK driving licence & own vehicle
- UK Resident / UK Working Visa
- Highly motivated individual looking to develop their professional role in a fast paced environment
- Committed, focused, and determined
- Strong attention to detail essential
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
- Expected to have 3-5 years experience (minimum) in Garden/Landscape Design
- Someone who wishes to make a real difference, & would love to contribute & effect the future direction & success of Aralia
- Attractive salary package commensurate with experience
- Company Profit share & Health Care after qualifying period
- Excellent long-term benefits, including prospect of a stake in the business, in the mid-long term
- Idyllic rural location. Office is based on a working farm with beautiful, natural landscape views
- Small team with strong sense of shared vision in a supportive but dynamic environment
- High level of autonomy
In the first instance please contact Patricia Fox, Managing Director by email email@example.com to request an application pack.
Please ensure that you include a covering letter with your request for an application pack together with your current salary & primary motivation for moving positions.