We are excited to announce we’ve just been been selected as the winner of the inaugural ‘Domestic Design’ Podium Award, in recognition of our work on the luxurious Chelsea Creek project. Patricia Fox of Aralia received the award from Sara Cullis Director of Trovia, the award’s sponsor, at the inaugural event, at FutureScape UK Spring on 12th March 2019. Delighted to receive the award she commented, ‘It’s great to be recognised as one of the country’s premier designers when it comes to rooftop gardens. These are tricky spaces that pose lots of challenges, but when designed with care, can become truly transformative spaces.’
The judges’ comments on the winning project’s quality were revealing, showcasing many of Aralia’s key competencies and skills:
- – Technical competence in evidence across many aspects – a hugely diverse range of hard landscape materials, plants and bespoke features.
- – Good consideration given to maintenance of all elements.
- – Evidence of working under very challenging conditions- time frame, cramped etc.
- – A stunning and unique finished project that perfectly meets the brief – well executed design that met criteria of location and access.
- – Good use of the number of special materials with colour offset evergreen plants.
- – A stunning luxury design completed in record time. High quality material and beautiful detailing make every view enticing.
Aralia has become known as an expert in the industry when it comes to designing roof terraces and rooftop gardens. Known as ‘Podium Landscapes’ because of the way they are built on top of existing buildings, car parks and even swimming pools, they represent a challenge of design, engineering and logistics. The Podium Awards were created by Pro Landscaper, a leading publisher in the landscape industry, and this was the inaugural presentation of awards recognising the best in the industry. Visit our Roof Terraces portfolio pages to discover what is involved in transforming an unloved roof space into a spectacular garden.
The prestigious event took place on 12 March at FutureScape Spring, held at Sandown Park Racecourse, Esher, Surrey and was sponsored by Bourne Amenity. Pro Landscaper’s Jim Wilkinson said: “We are delighted with the quality of entries for our inaugural Podium Awards. The projects are excellent and really show the quality of the UK landscaping sector. Podiums will continue to grow and play a more important role in the industry going forward. We look forward to the Podium Awards developing further and reflecting the outstanding technical ability in this sector. Well done to all entrants and many congratulations to the 2019 winners.”