Aralia is growing! We are now seeking another Senior Landscape Architect or Landscape Designer to join our busy team. Full details and how to apply are outlined below.
Position: Senior Landscape Architect/ Senior Landscape Designer
Reports to: Associate Landscape Architect
Status: Full time
Office: Office based in Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, CM21 9LE
Deadline Date: Applications must be received by Tuesday September 10th by 5pm.
Aralia is an established, progressive and award-winning landscape design practice based in Hertfordshire. We are a small, collaborative team of designers who work on high end luxury residential and commercial projects, ranging from large country estates to luxury penthouse roof gardens, mostly in London and the South East. We frequently work on projects with generous budgets that allow us significant creative freedom to push the boundaries of Landscape Design.
We often work in multi-disciplinary teams alongside architects, structural engineers, suppliers and other industry professionals.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Landscape Architect/Designer who will play an instrumental role in taking the company forward into its next phase of development. Working alongside our current Associate Landscape Designer and Managing Director (both MSGD accredited), this person will become a key part of the design team.
We are looking for an experienced designer who is confident in working to deadlines and at consistently high standards and who is happy to work autonomously as well as collaborating with other designers. This is a client facing role, so confident and diplomatic communication skills are essential. This is an opportunity to be an important figure in a small, niche company and would perhaps suit someone currently in a larger organization looking for an opportunity to have a big impact.
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications
– A degree in Garden/Landscape Design or Landscape Architecture (or equivalent/ similar qualification)
– Strong landscape design skills from initial concepts through all design stages to full construction detailing
– Highly CAD competent in 2D Vectorworks preferred, but AutoCAD accepted (we will retrain on VW if necessary)
– 3D CAD skills essential (SketchUp and/or VW)
– Experienced in Project Management. Ability to plan, monitor, self-manage and keep projects on track, to tight deadlines and within agreed budgets
– Ability to work to design deadlines whilst still demonstrating high levels of creativity
– Client Liaison experience with residential clients essential – commercial experience advantageous
– Experience of managing/monitoring complex landscape builds highly desirable (residential or commercial)
– Some experience in costing and specifying of landscape/garden builds for both soft and hard landscape (additional training will be given)
– Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
– Report writing skills with strong attention to detail
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– InDesign & Photoshop essential
– Full clean UK driving licence and own vehicle
– UK Resident / UK Working Visa
– No fewer than 3 years’ experience working in the industry. 5 + preferable
– Passionate about gardens, particularly in the residential sector
– High level of creativity and design ability
– Proactive attitude and ethos towards work
– Able to self-manage time and workloads
– Strong attention to detail essential
– Capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
– Someone who wishes to make a real difference and would love to contribute towards the future direction and success of Aralia
– Attractive salary package commensurate with experience
– Company profit share and private health care after qualifying period
– Idyllic rural location. Office is based on a working farm with beautiful, natural landscape views
– Small team with strong sense of shared vision in a supportive but dynamic environment
– High level of autonomy
In the first instance please contact Alastair Henderson, (Associate) by email email@example.com to request an application pack. Find out more about Aralia at www.aralia.org.uk.
Please ensure that you include a covering letter, CV and portfolio of work with your request for an application pack.